Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chapter 1 - Holes

For my second reading assignment, I chose to read Holes by Louis Sachar. The reason of my doing is because I thought there were copies of The Chrysalids left at school, so I left my book home. The first chapter of Holes is a description of the setting. The setting takes place in a camp in Texas called Camp Green Lake. At Camp Green Lake, there is no lake anymore. It has dried out, and now all that is left is a barren plain of dirt and dust. Beside where the lake was, there is a log cabin and two trees. The two trees make the only shade of the entire area, making the hamock between them a prised place. The cabin is property of the warden of the camp; a vicious lady whom we don't know the name yet. A description of the dangerous wild life nearing the area is discribed. Rattlesnakes, scorpions, and yellow-spotted lizards including that description.

No comments:

Post a Comment